Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Love At First Sight

Sure, the "Cool Grey" Air Jordan 11 was easily the most anticipated Jordan release of 2010; however, was it the best Jordan release of the year? If you recall, Jordan Brand soaked up all of the attention over the summer that year by unleashing the Air Jordan 6 "Infrared" Pack. It marked the second time we would see the "Black Infrared" Air Jordan 6 release to the public since its original offering in 1991. Yet, it became the first time we'd see the "White Infrared" in stores since its original release. The "Infrared" pack came packaged in a double-layered boxing construction on all-matte-black exterior, while the interior of the box is fully infrared. In addition, both pairs of shoes are wrapped by anti-static bags which are usually used on the packaging of computer components such a hard drives and motherboards. These nit-static bags provide extra protection to diminish the oxidization process (yellowing). -KixFiles

For some ridiculous reason I never saw when these originally came out the previous year, but when I saw them for the first time in 2011, it was love at first sight.  I immediately jumped on eBay and after a  few minutes of searching and bidding, the shoes were on their way to the crib. I love the Infrared colorway versus the typical Bulls Red, and unlike the rest of the my heavy kicks in my collection, I may wear these one day because of it. I have experimented with many different techniques to keep the soles icy (I will show yall what I do later), but the anti-static bags that come in the pack have worked extremely well. Sneakerheads still go crazy when they see how icy mine still are and I can't wait to rock em one day. 

Current Value: $700




No comments:

Post a Comment