Thursday, July 5, 2012

Classic Beauty

This shoe speaks for itself. CLASSIC Jordan model and each time they retro the Black/Cement IIIs, Sneakerheads worldwide lose their minds to get a pair. The CDP IIIs dropped in October of 2008  in the Collezione Countdown Pack with the Black Cat XXs and sold out immediately. Most people bought the $350 pack simply for the IIIs and tried to sell the XXs to make a few dollars back, but they failed. This pack was 1 of 2 packs that I missed in 2008, along with the 2/21, simply becasue I was a college student and $350 was not easy to drop every month on kicks. In 2011, I signed my contract and headed straight to KickkSpott to purchase my very own DS CDP III. I love the shoe, but becasue of its mint condition and increasing value, probably will never wear it. Unfortunately, I do not own a pair of the Black/Cement IIIs from 2001 (yet), but I do have the 2011s which I have worn a few times and will continue to do so. Every Sneakerhead MUST own a pair of Black/Cement IIIs to call themself a Sneakerhead and I can safely say I am fully invested in the game with kicks like these in my closet.

*Comparison of all 3 Black/Cement III models featured below*

Current Value: $400

Huge news started off 2011 with the announcement of the Air Jordan III Black/Cement returning in Fall but for those who dropped $350 or more on the 2008 Count Down Pack, the news was highly disappointing. However, some sold their CDP III to cop the 2011 version in November, but what is the real a difference between the 3? There is nothing like a side-by-side comparison when it comes to a Jordan model being released for the 3rd or 4th or 5th time. MJO23DAN gives us a great side-by-side look at the 3 latest Black/Cement IIIs. The differences between Black/Cement III releases have been documented time and time again and here you get to see it one more time. The 2011 version has to be the most unlike the others with the entire insole being grey, having larger perforations on the tongue and  the red accents being darker red. Also, the infamous “NIKE AIR” made its last appearance on the back of the Black/Cement IIIs and was replaced with the Jumpman and “AIR” instead. Check them out and decide which version you like the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment